Saturday, March 16, 2024

CHAPTER 25
Railroad tracks


All photos in this chapter are © by Joe Konz 

The railroad along the west border of Garfield Park was built in the 1850s by the Jeffersonville, Madison and Indianapolis Railroad, and Garfield Park was then known as Bradley Woods.


Today, the tracks belong to Conrail, and the images in this chapter are snapshots of those tracks (or train alert lights) at various points along the park's western flank. All viewpoints look north toward downtown Indianapolis. 











Above and below: I used the railroad for a locale of a publicity shoot for a short-lived Indy rock band named After Dark in October 2006.  




I also used the railroad tracks as a locale for an assignment in a class I took through the Adult Learning program of IUPUI. The assignment was to integrate a fork (the dining utensil variety) into a photograph. The plastic MaxDonald's cup -- by a stroke of pure luck, the word "fork" was printed on the cup’s side -- was there on the tracks when I arrived that day, so I decided to integrate it into the composition. I believe the wild straw grass on the right in the photo above also was there when I arrived. Above and below are two frames from that shoot.


No comments:

Post a Comment