Sunday, March 3, 2024

CHAPTER 12
Fireworks


All photos in this chapter are © by Joe Konz 

I like fireworks, but I cannot say I was ever a rabid fan of them like a lot of people are. I got excited about them more when I was very young than I do now. 

Still, after taking up photography seriously, I’d always wanted to take at least one stab at doing justice in pictures to a fireworks show.

Photos in the top half of this chapter were taken Sept. 15, 2010, after the Mexican Independence Bicentennial and Revolution Centennial celebration at the MacAllister Amphitheater in Garfield Park. I used my primary digital single-lens reflex camera (which then was a Canon 7D) on a tripod, enabling me to control key settings such as shutter speed and aperture. 

Photos in the bottom half (from 2013) were taken three years later and were associated with the “America, We Remember” observance on Labor Day weekend. These pictures were taken with an iPhone from the Garfield Park-South neighborhood south of Southern Avenue, looking north toward downtown.


Please note that you can click on any photo to see a larger and sharper version.

2010























2013






No comments:

Post a Comment