Monday, September 7, 2026

The season for fallen leaves is upon us ...

For the past few years around this time, I've been taking photos of fallen leaves that pique my interest on my sundry strolls wherever I may be. 

Usually, "wherever" has been in the neighborhood, where until the past year I'd done all of my almost daily walks. In the past year, I've taken my walks on the road to Yates Mill Pond Park, a 174-acre park that is part of the Wake County Parks and Recreation system

That's where I was was yesterday when I started noticing fallen leaves, some already exhibiting the change in color that we all now recognize as summer turning into autumn. Others, however, were still green, and I decided to photograph a few of those. 

I'm not going to say this will be my only collection of fallen leaves for this season. I might just take a few more and present those here at a later day. 

While I came across most of the leaves you see in this post along the various trails at the park, a few were lying on the two pedestrian boardwalks over the pond or streams in the park. The leaf in the photo leading off the post, for example, is one such leaf. 

I'm going to use most of the leaves I photographed in today's post, so there's no real need to provide a link to the leaves in my online galleries, as I often do with most photo shoots. As usual, to bring up a larger version of a photo, simply click on the image. 




























No comments:

Post a Comment