Saturday, September 26, 2026

Grace Presbyterian, Fuquay-Varina

I was disappointed when I got to Grace Presbyterian Church a few months ago and saw that it was essentially a storefront on the first block (119 E. Vance St.) off Main Street in Fuquay-Varina. So I didn’t bother to try get any pictures beyond the one you see leading off the post. 

In my defense, I’d just spent a long time photographing three other churches in the town, and I was tired and thirsty. I know … possibly lame excuses. Just being honest and real here.

But … storefront churches are not uncommon; it’s a way for fledgling congregations to worship while building membership and saving enough tithing revenue to buy land and erect their own sanctuaries.

When I visited the church’s website the day after I was there, I saw a pretty cool photo that someone smartly thought to grab from the side of the entrance. So I’d like to say here and now, I salute the person responsible for grabbing that very cool photo, which I present below. And I repeat, I did not shoot this; it’s from the church’s website.



Check out my traveling photographer blog, Travelin’ Shutterbug

No comments:

Post a Comment