Monday, March 27, 2023

Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral in Raleigh

While doing my walk-around shoot in Downtown Raleigh on March 5, I was reminded of another shoot I had wanted to do in Raleigh.

During the downtown walk-around, I came across Sacred Heart Catholic Church, the former cathedral (or home parish?) for the Catholic Archdiocese of Raleigh. Its position as the home parish was replaced in 2017 by Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral, a much larger facility on expansive property west of downtown, not far from Dorothea Dix Park and the State Farmers Market. 

So two days after the Downtown shoot, I went to Holy Name (and also Pullen Park the North Carolina State University Memorial Bell Tower, both of which I've posted about already). While at Holy Name, I saw that the archdiocese is in the process of building a parish center on property there, so I took some construction-in-progress photos, too, as well as a shot of a soccer field behind the church.

And unlike the old Sacred Heart site, there is volumes of parking available at this site, and it's sprinkled all around the cathedral.       























No comments:

Post a Comment