Saturday, October 8, 2022

Garfield Park's Sunken Garden, 2022

One of the things I enjoyed doing in my latter years living a half-block from Garfield Park for so many years was photo-documenting the annual floral displays in the park's Sunken Garden.

When I was in Indy last month, I swung by the Sunken Garden, and wouldn't you know it ... access was blocked because of some kind of excavation work going on inside the garden.

So if the qualify of the iPhone 13 Pro images you see in this post strike you as underwhelming (and most of them are), it's because they all were shot from outside the garden fences. Certainly not ideal, but I knew I'd not get another chance yet this year. 

As always, to view a larger, sharper version of an image, simply click on it. This is particularly helpful if you are accessing the block from a mobile device. To view a full gallery of images from this shoot, click on the link in this sentence. 

Tomorrow I'll present images that I took the same day in Blake's Garden, which is small development adjacent to the nearby conservatory (seen in the first picture below) and an enhanced version of the former children's garden that used to be on the site. Blake's Garden is designed as an interactive experience for children and families.  

 

















No comments:

Post a Comment