I'd done a previous post about how most of North Carolina was entrenched in a very serious drought. That previous post used photos of a patchy pond and a waterfall lacking any water falling. I'd not seen such a thing in my nine years here.
In fact, on Monday, the day before I took the lead-off photo, the falls were still dry (see photo below from Monday's visit).
I don't think it's safe to say the drought is over. Not by a long shot. But, it is safe to say that the long (and occasionally hard) rainfall in the past 36 hours did a lot to revive the park's popular waterfalls. In fact, I heard a couple of walkers cheerfully pass the news along to other walkers who were headed toward the falls.
I was back there on Wednesday, and I'm happy to say that a high volume of water was still cascading over the falls.
No comments:
Post a Comment