Friday, December 2, 2011

Game Day: Marian University campus, oriental garden teahouse and landscape

A favorite sidebar activity of my autumn visits to Indiana small-college campuses on football Game Days has been to photograph the campus landscape and atmosphere. In most instances, that has included a lot of tailgate activity before the game. At Marian University in Indianapolis, where my unofficial "tour" took me last Saturday (Nov. 26), there was tailgating before the game, but probably the least amount of the four colleges I visited (Hanover, Wabash and DePauw being the three others).

This is my third post from Saturday's shoot at Marian -- the first two focused on game action (the Knights defeated the University of St. Francis of Joliet, Ill., 48-7 in an NAIA tournament quarterfinal game) and the Marian Marching Knights, Drumline and Color Guard, which performed at the game's halftime.

Today's post focuses on the atmosphere and landscape -- the former consisting of the tailgating, the latter some of the scenic sights in my short skim of the campus core (I didn't get to explore nearly what I would have liked before it was game time).

I lead off (top) with a shot from the Oriental Garden Teahouse and include a few others from the Teahouse grounds below. The garden and teahouse are right next to the Steffen Music Center.

To view a full gallery of images from the Marian University community on Game Day, visit this link. 








































No comments:

Post a Comment