Monday, October 5, 2026

Once bitten but not twice ... or even thrice!

Almost a month ago, on Sept. 12, I presented a post here that I set up by saying I lived to regret not capturing a photo of the moon hovering above the campus of Emmerich Manual High School in Indianapolis some 10 to 15 years ago. I was salivating over being able to use the alliterative picture caption “Moon over Manual.”

I noted that I was in the midst of a morning run at the time I saw the moon over Manual, and that I rationalized not hurrying home to get my camera to come back and photograph the juxtaposition by telling myself I could get it the next time I saw it happen. 

But there was never a next time. 

And that regrettable experience is why I didn’t hesitate to grab the shot I put in the lead-off position of the Sept. 12 post when I saw the moon perched above the mini-shelter on the boardwalk at Yates Mill Pond Park here in Raleigh. I did not want to live with regretting another missed picture opportunity.

Well, wouldn’t you know it ... but I was at the park for my morning walk on Oct. 2, and guess what was hovering over the mini-shelter on the park’s main boardwalk? 

Uh-huh. That’s what you see in the lead-off photo today. 

The main difference is that the moon seemed smaller on Oct. 2, even though it probably was the same size as it was last month.

In any event, I’ve now gotten the moon at the same place twice in less than a month!


Check out my traveling photographer blog, Travelin’ Shutterbug


No comments:

Post a Comment