Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Part 2 in a study of fallen autumn leaves

There were only a handful of images I didn't include in yesterday's post about my exploration of fallen leaves on the pavement (mostly) in my neighborhood, so I thought I'd present the rest in today's post. 

The dominant leaf in the lead-off photo in this post is the same species I used to lead off yesterday's post, but yesterday's -- a different leaf (not the exact same one here) was by itself. Today's version is grouped with a couple nearby leaves and some pine needles and separated leaf stems. 

As I mentioned yesterday, I didn't pose any of these shots. They are just as I came upon them, which is why I photographed the grouping immediately below. It was almost as if someone, or something, really had actually posed and positioned these three leaves. 


I photographed the above leaf because it had some water pooled down its center line. 

In yesterday's post, I showed at least one version of the leaf you see above and below. The one above comes with a partner leaf, while the one below comes with a leaf fragment.



I liked the "packaging" of the group above because it included an acorn fragment. 


Above: A couple of leaves (and a leaf fragment) in various degrees of decomposition, "adorned" with some grass blades. 

No comments:

Post a Comment