Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Immanuel United C-C, Southside Indy

While I was in Indiana over the Thanksgiving holiday, I made a point to stop by a church I'd had my eye on to photograph for many years on my many drives up South East Street between Garfield Park and downtown Indianapolis.

Immanuel United Church of Christ, 402 Prospect Street, isn't architecturally spectacular by any means. But I've always found it architecturally interesting. I'm glad I could add it to my church collection. My one challenge was weather; just as I started to begin shooting, a light rain began to fall. I succeeded in making 10 pictures before the downpour became heavy, and I made a dash for the car.

The church is on a small parcel of land at the northwest corner of Prospect and East streets, just south of the I-70 interstate highway. The longest portion of the building fronts Prospect Street; it's the facade you see in the first photo below. The side you see in the very last photo of this post faces the parking lot on the east side of the property, along East Street.

As always, to view a larger, sharper version of a photo, simply click on the image. This is particularly helpful when accessing the blog while using a mobile device.










No comments:

Post a Comment