Thursday, July 11, 2019

Quick look at 3 churches in Fuquay-Varina

Note: The previous two posts were devoted to the original Fuquay Springs and Varina historic districts of the merged community of Fuquay-Varina. Today's post looks at three churches I came across in the community. 

For the past few years, every time I do a photographic profile of a new community I make a point to look for a few churches to include in the coverage. While in Fuquay-Varina on July 2, I came across three churches, and they are featured in today's post.

Leading off the post is the exterior facade of Fuquay-Varina United Methodist Church, 100 Judd Parkway. It has an expansive facility that includes a fountain outside the main entrance (closeups of which are pictured below), two wings on either side of the entrance -- one used for children's ministries, the other for administrative and office purposes. There is ample parking on the sides of the church and in the back, where there also is a fenced-in playground and an open field.

As always, to view a larger and sharper version of an image, just click on the photo. This is particularly helpful when accessing the blog on a mobile device. To view a full gallery of photos of the churches from my July 2 shoot, click on the link in this sentence.

Photo geek stuff: I used my Canon 6D and Tamron 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di VC PZD lens for all the photos in this post. The lens was equipped with a B+W polarizing filter. I bracketed all of my compositions for three exposures -- one normal, and one each in 2/3 stops above and below normal. I used the shutter speed as my primary exposure setting variable, with the f/stop usually at 8.0 and ISO mostly at 100 (I adjusted the ISO when decreased natural lighting required me to do so). I merged the three images into one using Photomatix high-dynamic range (HDR) software.







 
First United Methodist Church of Fuquay-Varina

At 402 N. Main St., just beyond the downtown area of old Fuquay Springs, is First United Methodist Church of Fuquay-Varina. Pictured below are views of the church campus, including a closeup (fifth below) of a sculpture on the church's backside.







Full Gospel Tabernacle

In the downtown area, at 302 Spring Ave., just a couple blocks from Mineral Springs Park, is Full Gospel Tabernacle. Below are various views of the church's exterior, all taken from Spring Avenue.







Next up: Return visit to Angier, N.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment