Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Closeups of Christmas tree ornaments

Sometimes, when a photographer examines something long enough, a bulb with an idea light goes on. That's how this post evolved.

We have two artificial Christmas trees set up in our house. One is traditional and average size with short green pine needles.

The other is white (see photo above), and smaller and thinner than the other. It stands out when lit up in the corner of our sun room. I'll often pause to take it in from afar as it catches my eye when I'm walking about. Two days ago, I decided to do more than just let it catch my eye. I walked over to it and studied the decorations.

This tree is Lea's, Lee Ann's daughter. Lea studied Japanese in high school and college. She spent a year of her college time in Japan, so she has taken a liking to its culture. She decorated her tree with ornaments flavored in Japanese culture and items representing her favorite Disney characters..

I started taking closeup pictures of the ornaments, and when I finished, I went over to the other tree and did the same.

The pictures you see in this post is from that shoot.

Photo geek stuff: All of the images -- except the one of the green tree -- were taken with my Canon 6D and Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L lens. I bracketed each for three exposures to enable melding those exposures into one high-dynamic range (HDR) image using Photomatix software in post-processing. The green tree image was taken with my iPhone X.























No comments:

Post a Comment