Friday, December 1, 2017

Stunning Thanksgiving eve sky

On Thanksgiving eve this year, I happened to be outside just as the sun was setting and noticed a colorful, picture-worthy sky, cloaked in largely fiery orange hues.

I walked about a half-mile to where I grabbed a silhouette with my iPhone then ran (literally) home to grab my Canon 6D to hopefully catch more of the color in a camera with a greater resolution.

As I headed back with the DSLR, my goal was to return to the point where I'd taken the photo using the iPhone. But the sky color was fading, and the hues were changing to largely magenta, so I first grabbed the shot you see leading off the post before proceeding to the original point where I'd taken the iPhone shot.

When I got there, indeed, the color and cloud formation I had seen previously was gone. The iPhone shot appears below.


No comments:

Post a Comment