Saturday, April 16, 2011

Yet another look at tulips

At the risk of overdoing the tulip pictures here, I post these images captured on an early, overcast Friday afternoon in the circular garden of my backyard. These tulips have finally bloomed in a color -- or colors -- I haven't quite been able to nail exactly just yet. There's definitely some orange, but also some raspberryish hue. It reminds me of a marbled sherbet color I've seen, and that's the best I can come up with. I get more intrigued by these each spring when they come up, and this is the third year for them. There's also a small patch of these in my front garden, and their colors, too, are finally emerging.

These were taken with a Sigma 105mm f/2.8 macro lens at aperture value (priority) f/8, ISO-800 and shutter speeds ranging from 1/80 to 1/200. For about the last 10 minutes of my shoot of these tulips, a very light drizzle began to fall, so ... if you notice droplets on petals of some of these, that's the explanation. 

And to Tanya, the former work colleague who gave me these to plant: Your little horticultural babies are doing quite nicely. 

 








No comments:

Post a Comment