Friday, March 11, 2011

The storied popcorn salt


Consider this post a heed to the clamor of requests to photograph the much-ballyhooed popcorn salt, the quest of which, on Feb. 15 of this year, led to a walk through Garfield Park in Indianapolis and, on the return trip, the silhouette shoot featuring "the tree," which I wrote about in a previous post.

OK, there was really no "clamor" of requests for this image; I exaggerate. In fact, there were no requests at all. The idea came to me through a voice in the wind one afternoon while outdoors contemplating the real value of HDR. OK, OK ... Even that part I made up. In all seriousness, and in the interest of fun and eliciting smiles (I'll settle for an eye roll or two), above is the image of the popcorn salt I purchased that evening, and to which I've turned on several occasions since. Verily, I'm a popcorn lover.

I will note that this is not intended to be an endorsement of this particular brand. In all honesty, this turned out to be the only brand and/or type of popcorn salt available at the store that I walked to that evening of the quest. My preference would have been a salt without butter. But ... I wanted it, so I got this, the only.

No comments:

Post a Comment