Monday, February 8, 2010

When weather waxes photographic

Weather, and its residual art, can make for interesting photography. Last week, Central Indiana was hit with a hefty, wet snowfall that began around 9:30 a.m. Friday, Feb. 5, and didn't stop -- what with the blowing and drifting -- until well into the darkness of the following morning.

When I learned that the storm was coming our way, I decided to chase a "during" and "after" photo sequence. Today, I give you some of the "during" images, pictures I captured in the throes of the snowfall. The flakes you see represent the snowfall at about 2:30 p.m. or so, or about five hours or so into the storm, well before the majority of the snow had accumulated. All of these were taken in or around Garfield Park.

Later in the week, I'll present images I took the following day, Saturday, Feb. 6, when I went out to capture the aftermath.










No comments:

Post a Comment