Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Town park rounds out downtown Garner

I took pictures in today's post featuring Garner Recreational Park on the same visit I made to downtown Garner, featured in the previous post here at Photo Potpourri.

The post about downtown Garner was getting lengthy, so I figured that breaking out my shots in the park would be a good way to keep things manageable. I didn't get many shots in the park, so this will be a relatively short post. The park is across Garner Road from the downtown area. Garner Road parallels the railroad as well as Main Street, both of which I talked about in the previous post.

One pretty impressive amenity at the park are two ball diamonds, nicely maintained and manicured. That's one of them featured in the lead-off photo, a shot I took from a hill overlooking the diamond. In the first photo, you see a nice-sized concession stand and restroom area by the diamonds. The second photo below is a closeup of the adornment atop the vent on the concession stand. 



The park also has a pavilion, a gazebo, some playground equipment, paved walks and a bench or two.

As always, to view a larger, sharper image, click on the image. To see a full gallery of my shoot at Garner Recreational Park, click on the link in this sentence.

Photo geek stuff: I handled the entire shoot with my Canon 6D and Tamron 28-300mm f/3.5-6.3
Di VC PZD lens. I took three exposures of every composition to meld later in high-dynamic range (HDR) Photomatix software during post-processing. I set the camera on aperture priority and adjusted my ISO levels in dark conditions to allow for optimum shutter speeds so as not to blur images.

Above and next two below: Views of the gazebo, outside and inside. 



Above and below: The park pavilion. 


Above and next two below: Different views of the playground area. 



Above: When nature throws its version of a still life at me, I take a picture ... and consider its artistic value later. I really liked the job it did on this, which was not staged. 

Above: Providing rest for the weary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment