Sunday, July 15, 2018

Morning sunlight play in the yard

A brief (somewhat, anyway) post to share pictures I took this morning of sunrise light playing with foliage, wood posts and window reflections around the house.

All of these were taken with my iPhone X about 10 minutes after sunrise. Because of the fleeting nature of dawning sunlight, I didn't want to risk losing time -- and missing the shots I was envisioning -- while scurrying to put together my 6D, a lens and a battery.

I lead off with the one in the batch that my eye keeps returning to. It was taken from the front doorstep of my home.

The photo above was taken at the same time the lead-off image was captured. I just moved slightly to see what I would get if the sun were blocked.

On the backyard deck, the sun was casting selective light on a pergola beam (above and next two below), which I capture from a couple of perspectives, starting with the reflection of a house window above. 



The closeups of spot lighting on tree foliage  (above and below) didn't turn out in pictures as dramatic as I remember seeing it. In the photo above, the light was glancing off the tips of the leaves at the bottoms of the branches in front. You can see the difference in color from the lighting in the foliage in the center in the image below, but the fact that I had to zoom in so close with the iPhone unfortunately cost me some sharpness.


Above: The tree heights juxtaposed with the backyard swing set gives you an idea just how tall those trees are.

Above and below are two views of the backyard crepe myrtle trees and colors up the foliage in summer. This is the same tree you see often coming between me and my photo subjects in my "View from the Office Window" series. The image below also gives you a slice of the backyard deck.


Above: An illustration of shaded morning light on a portion of the pergola beams. Technically, it also serves as an example of patterns and leading lines. In the next post, there will be more examples of those featuring the deck pergola and framework. 

No comments:

Post a Comment