Thursday, December 21, 2017

Return to Savannah, Ga., Part II

While in Savannah last week, I put the camera in my new iPhone X to heavy use. I shot it for all of my night pictures, which included several dozen I took on a nighttime guided tour of Savannah's holiday attractions in a trolley.

The tour made stops at the Davenport House Museum, 324 E. State St., in the old section of the city and at the Westin Hotel on Hutchinson Island. The Westin was hosting an annual Christmas gingerbread house competition. The photo leading off the post was taken from behind the Westin looking across the Savannah River.

I was pleased with the iPhone X camera; its portrait feature is particularly good. It automatically throws the background into a blur. But generally -- and this is only after limited use --  I have to say that I haven't found it that much better than the iPhone 6 camera I had been using the past two years. All of the photos in this post were taken with the iPhone X.

As always, to view a larger, sharper version of an image, simply click on it. To see a full gallery of images from my trip to Savannah, click on the link in this sentence.

Above and below: Shots from inside The Collins Quarter cafe and bar, 151 Bull Street. 



At The Collins Quarter, I had a lamb sandwich (above), which came with fries; Lee Ann had a pulled pork and bacon topped with hollandaise sauce (below). I also enjoyed a pint of an IPA from a local craft brewery (second below).



Above: A light flashes different colors along the side of the Indigo Hotel. This magenta color is an example. Some others can be found in the main gallery

Above: A line pattern I noticed exiting the Davenport House, one of the stops on the nighttime holiday lights trolley cruise.

Lee Ann made our reacquaintance with the Johnny Mercer tribute statue in Ellis Square on Friday morning. We used the opportunity to illustrate the iPhone X camera's portrait feature. The photo above was taken using the camera's normal setting; the one below, using the portrait setting. Notice the bokeh feature below; the camera chooses a wide aperture to provide this.



Above and next four below are examples of some of the gingerbread houses we saw at the Westin Hotel on Hutchinson Island.





Above is a wall hanging in our hotel room in Savannah. 

More wall art (above), this time from Savannah Coffee Roasters, 215 W. Liberty St., where we had breakfast on the morning we left to head home. More examples of the wall art there can be found in the full gallery.

Above and below: Two shots from the couple dozen or so that I shot as we crossed the Highway 17 bridge leaving Savannah to head home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment