Saturday, October 29, 2011

Autumn at night

En route to and from Wednesday's meeting of the Indiana Photographic Society at the Garfield Park Arts Center, I grabbed some more autumn shots in Garfield Park in Indianapolis, using my Canon PowerShot G12.

The pre-meeting shots were taken just before the sun went down for good -- about 10 minutes before 7 p.m.; the post meeting shots not only were taken after dark, but also during a light rain. In both instances, I composed all the shots to exploit the available lampost lighting along the pathways or roadway.


















3 comments:

  1. Very dramatic! I absolutely loved these. I don't know which one I would even pick if I had to choose a favorite. They are all soooo good! They almost made me feel I was in some far away place...maybe Central Park or London...but not here in town. I love whatever magical something that you captured in these...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous, thank you. Your comment conjured the excitement I felt that night when I saw all this and felt thankful I had brought along a camera. I thought "wow" on the trip in, when there was still a teensy bit of daylight, then was even more excited coming home when I saw how the lamplights were highlighting the rainwater on pathways and roadways. I would have regretted it if I'd not had the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And...you commented that there was little left to take of Fall now that some of the bright colors have faded and most of the leaves fallen. Nature abounds in beauty...bursting out all around us. We just have to stop and take it in. It's always there waiting to be captured...just as you did in these extraordinary photos. We most certainly have a lot to be thankful for...

    ReplyDelete