Monday, August 3, 2009

Visiting the sunny side of life ...

Beautiful and graceful, varied and enchanting, small but approachable, butterflies lead you to the sunny side of life. And everyone deserves a little sunshine. ~ Jeffrey Glassberg

After numerous disappointments in trying to capture a closeup of a butterfly, serendipity visited Saturday as I strode home from another shoot within walking distance.

The butterfly you see above was fluttering in the circular garden of my backyard, where zinias and blue buttons grow. I shot this with my 300D -- the first-generation Canon Digital Rebel -- and Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS lens. If the now relic of a camera (in digital technology years!) weren't so darn slow in processing RAW-size files, I might have been luckier to get off several other good frames while the background was still in my favor.

Though I did get additional shots, none had the background as this, the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment