Sunday, May 3, 2009

A last stab at spring flowers

I saw an opportunity I couldn't pass up Saturday morning: first-year tulips in my gardens with raindrops still clinging to the petals, moisture the sun would dry up within three hours.

So I went out and took 56 frames with my macro lens.

I was fortunate ... the sun peeked in and out from a series of clouds that would move away for good in a very short time, giving me intermittent highlight, shade and translucent lighting (top and right), giving me multiple tones and contrasts for a petal already graced with dual hues. In one shot (left), the foliage from a neighboring day lily plant presented a neat complementary linear balance element. Heck, I even got lucky and snapped an ant smack dab in the middle of one of the bulbs (below).

No comments:

Post a Comment