Saturday, February 7, 2009

Changing gears and thinking t-h-a-w ...

After three consecutive days of snow photographs, I thought it might be a good idea to change gears here. Radically.

Yes, I know we're still more than a month away from the official change of seasons. And yes, I know Punxsutawney Phil (the groundhog, for you who weren't aware he had a name) allegedly saw his shadow Monday. And yes, yes ... I know that's supposed to mean six more weeks of winter.

But hey, I'm going to be the contrarian here. Besides, I slaved over putting together the collage above, I felt like we needed the good vibes, and I decided this might be a sortkinda OK time to do an advance (granted, a "way, way" in advance) on the annual spring bulb flower show at the Garfield Park Conservatory in Indianapolis. That's where the above photos were taken in 2007 and 2008. This year's show, by the way, will be March 27 through April 3. On April 4, the conservatory will have a sale of the all the tulips, crocus, hyacinths and other spring flora from the displays on a first-come, first serve basis.

And if you really like flowers, consider returning to the conservatory two weeks later for the annual orchid show, April 18-19.

One more reason to at least think spring: It's 53 degrees outside -- and this, coming only two (2) days removed from an overnight low of minus 3!! It's reason to cheer, I say!

Finally, speaking of Punxsutawney Phil ... did you realize he has his own Web site? I kid you not. PunxsutawneyPhil.com. Click on the link in the first sentence of this paragraph, and away you'll go!

Think spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment